Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Adventure TIME!

Hey guys,

I'm blogging today from an off site location. Its been a serious feat to get to a computer, get Dad and Mom to e-mail me their photos of me, and phew, you wouldn't believe how bad things look! Well, they seem bad, but I'm young and everyone says not only do kittens bounce back very well, but, as Dad keeps telling Momma, "if you put two cat bones in the same room, they'll find a way to fuse."

Well, I'll show you why there's all this fuss, the raw picture of me yesterday morning:


In the morning commotion, I went for some water, near one of my siblings' water bowls, which is where their soon to be fed food bowls were going to be, soooo in defending impending food, not realizing I just wanted water, I got into a scuffle. It was really just one bite  and then Dad saw what was up and broke it up. Good thing, too, or else you couldn't believe the fight I've got in me! I just didn't get the chance to get my swings in! Lucky pup!

Anyway, Dad called Mom, the bleeding stopped, and when Mom got to the house, called the vet. Thankfully, this happened on a weekday a couple hours before the vet opened up, so they told Momma to bring me over and they'd see me first thing. Turns out, all the blood that had been dripping made everything look way worse than it was. My feet were totally okay, but the first thing the vet assistant pointed out to Momma was that my jaw looked a little off. I should probably tell you here that I hadn't closed my mouth, my tongue stayed out, and I didn't really move it much, until right before I left for the vet's.

When the vet- yayyy same vet as normal!- came in, she told Momma to go home, that they'd take care of me. There was definitely something up with my jaw, but everything else was fine.  I got some fluids to recover from the shock, sedated and then x-rayed. My jaw joint was fine, but the bottom jaw had been broken on both sides. They would have to wire my jaw back together and insert a feeding tube.






Momma and Daddy came to see me, of course take humiliating pictures, and bring my cow to snuggle with for the night! Why yes, I'm 1.9lbs, 14 weeks old, and have already had an overnight hospital stay! I get to come back home today, and so far, they say I'll probably have to keep the wires in for 2-4 weeks. The feeding tube will take some getting used to, but I'm trying to lick, so the vet was super excited about that.


Yes, this looks awful, but I'm fine! No internal bleeding, cat bones, especially kitten ones, heal fast. Momma tells me that so far, I owe her a pair of Christian Louboutins for the cost of the vet visits. Anyone know what those are?! The timing of it, weekday, morning, the last week Momma stays home before her new job starts, actually works out really well. I might get to go on a road trip to Illinois next weekend with Momma and Daddy and meet my other set of grandparents!

I'll keep you updated, but wouldn't mind getting a few of your thoughts and prayers, and for all the kitties and puppies I'm hanging out with, and those that don't have people that love them as much as the vets and staff at Oberlin do!

-Wiley

No comments:

Post a Comment