Thursday, July 12, 2012

More adventures!

Hey guys,

Taking a break from nomming the blanket and metal bars to tell you more of what's up. I'm still at the vet's,  or rather, back there. Momma came and picked me up, including antibiotics, pain killers and syringes packed with food to shove down my feeding tube. I immediately hunted down the food but Daddy picked it up! What the heck, guys! Momma and Daddy did try to calm me down, wrapped me in a towel, and tried to "feed" me by first giving me water then food and fizzy water to break up the clumps in my feeding tube. I ran off a few times, shook loose the food that was still in the tube, and every now and then, hit something just the wrong way and I let everyone in a 4 block radius know that I, Wile E. Cat, was NOT happy!

Momma called me "Mr. Antenna Head"



Momma called the vet a couple times, and they told her technicians would be there until 9pm, so if she had issues or questions to just come in and they'd show her how to take care of me. Sooo it was back to the vet's, where they all know me by sight now! We went back into an exam room and the tech said she'd go get me started, then come back to show Momma how to do it. Well, I let out a few screams and then a vet went to go tell Momma just WHY I was screaming. You see, the tube goes into the esophagus which empties into my tummy, but food wasn't staying down there! The vet on duty wasn't my usual vet who had put the feeding tube in, so they said they'd keep me overnight, feed me and figure out what was up with the tube with the usual vet in the morning.

Dr. Wages called Momma this morning to tell her that I'd eaten wet food, dry food, and oh yeah, right now I was trying to eat my blanket and liked chewing on my bars to escape. They're going to take out the tube today and see if I can get back to normal food, just maybe with the wires in. I'm telling you, these painkillers are GREAT!

-Wiley

No comments:

Post a Comment